Sunday 4 August 2013

374 Flames of War 25pdr Battery Finished at last!

Hullo!

To my great joy I have finally finished my 25pdr Battery (151st Ayreshire Yeomanry, RA) - amongst the most fiddly paint job I've needed to do in recent years, and I'm generally pretty proud of how they turned out.

What follows is really just a massive bunch of pics of the battery, which I hope you'll enjoy. I commend to your attention the battery staff team - the lovely sculpt with the slimmer figures and the molded dispatch motorcycle - a pain to put together with the different basing requirements, but an end result with which I'm very happy.

























Thanks for your time, faithful readers.

More GW and Flames stuff is a-comin' later this week...

- Drax.

7 comments:

  1. Looking good. I really like the sandbags on the bases. I have something similar I am working on for my mortars. Did you make the sandbags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be happy - those look bloody good.

    I had fun with the Staff team too - they're the only team I've painted thus far though.....

    So when do we get to see the other 4 guns? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, chaps!

    @Cameron: Those sandbags are moulded onto the scenic bases which cme with the 25pdr set, as do most of the shells and spent cartridges. They were actually a bit of a pig to paint!

    @Cheef: Thank you very much, Sir!

    @Dai: Thought you'd like 'em, bach. As for another four guns? - not a priority, I'm afriad. Let's face it, if I'm going to get more guns it's likely to be those lovely 5.5"...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe - Combined Bombardments are certainly the way to go and those 5.5" guns both look and perform excellent on the field. Just wish they got a Gun shield.... O well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!