Friday 2 March 2012

301 Old Stuff Day

Hullo, All!

It's March 2nd - it's Old Stuff Day...the brainchild of Warhammer 39999.


Less activity over the past year, so I'll only include a couple, but posing the whole army together last weekend (Post 300) did make me think a lot about my old stuff. As with many modellers, the first stuff that you collect is often the coolest. However, 10 years ago, when I started to get back into the hobby and to build what has now become the behemoth of my sprawling Guard army, my painting was not good.


Nor did Tallarn Flesh and Devlan Mud exist.


So, my 1st platoon is badly painted; my 2nd platoon are okay, and my 3rd platoon look like humans and even have hand-painted aquilas!


Either way, I thought my first offering would be my now-almost-obsolete Command Squad. Pale, pasty, blobby and gloss-varnished...but at least the flag looks okay:

Secondly, someone else who could use a splash of Devlan Mud - Captain Stephenson ...also known as Stephenson's Horse; with his converted weapon:


Next, one of my favourite (and rarely seen) conversions - the Wyvern ...as it happens, it seemed to spawn a series of other bloggers playing with the slung-back design (usually better than me) and this one now tends to be fielded as the chassis for my converted Hydra:


And finally, some of you may enjoy my short treatise on the demise of the Imperial Guard vox:



Thanks again, 39999!



- Drax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!